Experienced and Skilled
Croatian / English
HOW it works
Contact the skipper and let him guide you through the rest.
You will be guided through the booking process to ensure a well maintained and cruise ready boat according to your preferences.
Get a personalized plan for your cruise that will include amazing islands, beautiful beaches, fun activities and phenomenal restaurants that you approve.
Only thing left is to do the grocery shopping and sail away. You will get an e-mail which will contain all important information and locations.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By using any of the GRIZLI services You automatically agree to the terms and conditions.
- To make your holiday enjoyable and pleasurable the best thing to rely on is a good organization. Even though the skipper will be doing most of the planning it is advised to do some research on Your own or contact a skipper a few days before your arrival to discuss a route. This is very important during high season when the reservation for better ports and restaurants is needed. That way You will be in a better position to enjoy Your trip because You will have the most important things planned out.
- The tendency to see as many places as you possibly can is perfectly normal. However, it can prove to be counterproductive. In some cases, it can lead to very long trips between the destinations which will, in turn, mean less time for swimming, eating, activities, and relaxing After all, the day lasts only 24 hours and there are only so many places a person can visit in one day. Having that in mind try to stick to the recommended daily distance of 20-30NM per day.
- To ensure the safety of his crew a good skipper will always be aware of the weather forecast. Please remember that he has to prioritize that above all other things. If the skipper suggests changing the route or staying docked for a day longer/different place than planned, due to bad weather or low provisions onboard please comply respectfully. The decision skipper had to make was not an easy one and although it may seem difficult to understand at first, it is truly in your best interest.
- The price for hiring a skipper can vary from 170€ to 200€ due to boat size. Bigger boats are harder to maneuver and maintain which means more work and responsibility.
For smaller boats (Monohulls <50ft. / Catamarans <45ft.) the price is 170€/day. For bigger boats (Monohulls >50ft. / Catamarans >45ft.) the price is 200€/day.
- When you hire a skipper please remember that you have to provide food and a place to sleep. Skipper spends most of the time on board working on the boat and always has plenty to do. This is why proper food and rest are required so he can continue to do his job diligently. Be advised that 30€ per meal is going to cover the food expenses if the guests/hostess are not doing any cooking on board that day.
- Communication is the key to a healthy relationship. After you have put some thought into thinking about what kind of vacation you want do not be hesitant to share this with Your skipper. Also, feel free to speak to him about anything else. For example, if you want your privacy, the skipper does not have to eat with the guests. You can go to restaurants together but he can have a separate table or go to a different restaurant.